This past weekend I attempted homemade salsa for the first time. I have watched my dad make it, but I wanted to try it myself! It worked out great! The hubby and the kids loved it, even my 1 year old appreciated the homemade taste!
So I thought it would be fun to share the recipe! I just made it up as I went, sorry for not having the exact measurements...
1. Chop and peel the tomatoes. I used about 15-20 medium sized tomatoes.
2. Next chop 2 onions (small) and 10 cloves of garlic (I love my garlic). Place the chopped onions and garlic in a strainer.
3. Pour a pot of boiling water (about 4 cups) over the onions and garlic in the strainer. Let the onions and garlic cool.
4. In a large pot combine the tomatoes, cooled onions and garlic, chopped jalapeno peppers, chili powder, cumin, a touch of sea salt, oregano and black pepper.
5. Stir over medium heat until the salsa boils. Once cool, place it in a tupperware and let it sit overnight in your refrigerator.
6. After letting the salsa marinate overnight, place it in a food processor and slightly blend. I prefer mine to have some chunks of tomato and peppers still visible, but if you prefer it creamy, blend it all the way!
7. Enjoy with family and friends!