Favorite Childhood July 4th Memories
Credit: 4th of July
- Decorating my bike as a kid for the parade, even sitting on the sides waiting for the candy was magical!
- Admiring the military men in uniform as they carried the American Flag.
- Helping my dad put the American flags out in the front yard.
- Going shopping with my mom for a special "4th of July outfit".
- Everything being Red, White and Blue (it's the only time these colors really work, well maybe that's because it has patriotic feel no matter how they are worn...
Credit: Lainey's Life Lessons
- Participating in the Watermelon Hunt. Yes, I never won but it was fun anyway!
- Packing up blankets and snacks with the family to go watch the fireworks.
- Imagining the fireworks were made of "jewels", yes, I am a dork!
- Riding the fair rides at the park by our house before the fireworks.
- The smell of my dad grilling hot dogs, brats and burgers.
- Knowing we still had half of summer vacation left before school started again.
- Playing for hours outside, there never seemed to be a "bedtime" on July 4th.
- Watching the neighbors set off their amateur fireworks in the street.
Happy Independence Day!
Thank You To All The Men And Women Who Have
Served Our Country!