Monday, October 7, 2013

Going With the Flow

This past weekend a few of my friends and I took our children for a weekend getaway while our husbands had their annual golf trip. Typically, I spend the weekend with my parents and oftentimes get pretty booked with business meetings and social commitments, but this time we thought it would be fun to spend the weekend away at a water park. Now, the only problem is that our children are still quite small where they need a lot of attention and overall they need to be busy ALL THE TIME.

Overall, the weekend was fun and I got to spend some quality time with good friends (after the kiddos were sleeping) talking and catching up, but I definitely learn a lesson that I'm pretty sure I have been taught over and over again in my life so far.  That lesson is... Go With The Flow. After being in the same Condo with the kids for a few days I think the kiddos and ourselves were beginning to go a bit nutty, but unfortunately I wasn't as laid back as I should have been, especially since it was vacation, right?



Now that I re-learned this valuable lesson, I am hoping in the future that I can recount this quality and wonderful time spent with friends and all those kids, but while also remembering that life is hard enough. We deal with stresses, drama and unwelcoming issues all the time and sometimes it's best to let loose and laugh at the ridiculousness of the situations. By the end of the weekend, the tantrums, fighting and lack of real sleep became more of a joke for us ladies, rather than a stress. It was the only way for us to deal with it all.

What's the moral of the story? Laugh at yourself, laugh at the situations you don't have control of, take a moment to stop and smell and flowers and learn to Go With the Flow, because life is too darn short!


No comments:

Post a Comment