Written By: Ooh La La (Danielle Silva Heckenkamp)
Every now and then we all have those days, or weeks, where everything feels like it's spinning out of control. There are just too many things to check off the list, too many appointments in one week and of course this is all equaling to a boat load of stress and tension. So how can we overcome and get pass this stress, this fast-paced uncontrollable lifestyle. Well, there is one word to live by that will help organize, declutter and slow down this crazy world. Simplify.
I have learned with life's experiences that it's time to simplify and choose priorities. I know, I know, everyone talks about this, but do we ever actually take a step towards this process? We are here to give you a few suggestions, steps that have worked for us! Take what works for you and personalize it for your own lifestyle.
Simplify, Simplify, Simplify
1. Keep a Schedule. Day to Day and Month to Month. This will help you keep track of events, meetings, appointments and day to day tasks.
2. Each day write a small list of your goals. Keep this list simple and reachable. If you are able to cross off everything for that day, it will keep you motivated to continue with this the next day and the next day.
Looking for stylish but simple daily trackers/planners, check out this website!
3. Keep a cleaning monthly schedule. This way you won't forget to wipe the blinds, clean the fans or wash the curtains. Do one major task each week to spread it out.
4. Declutter and organize your material possessions. Eliminate what you haven't used or worn in over a year. It's not worth keeping and someone else may be able to use it.\
5. Keep the social events under control, including playdates, lunch dates with the girls, nights out, happy hours, fundraising events, etc. Spend more quaality time with close friends and family. Those are the people who matter the most!
6. Admit when your schedule is full and learn to say no. You can't do everything and be fabulous at everything, so learn what will fit best into your life and your family's life.
7. Make family life a priority. Yes, you may have passions outside of family life and that's great, but never let those take over your daily schedule. Your children, husband and close family/friends come first!
8. Make your husband feel like a man. Keep him as your top priority and he will do the same for you!
9. Your children are important, as a parent they are your daily gifts and miracles, so take care of them: emotionally and physically. Not only by clothing them and giving them the daily necessities but providing emotional and loving support. You are their everything, you are their world!
10. Spend time on yourself. Whether this means taking a weekly exercise class, fifteen minutes of daily reflection, a walk in the park or a monthly spa date. Keep a healthy diet, exercise often and drink a lot of water, flush out those toxins. You need to rejuvenate yourself, often.